Sunday, November 9, 2008

Peanut Blossoms






This is simply a traditional recipe that everybody knows and loves. Now this is a great case of how I am directionally challenged. I keep telling myself that I should read through the recipe entirely before I make something, but that never happens. Consequently while I following the directions I get so excited and do what I think is next in the recipe. So in this recipe as I put them dough balls on the baking sheets I went ahead and put the kisses in too...so please don't be like me and do that. I'm not sure it'll make a big difference, but who knows. 

Ingredients:
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup of shortening (I used Canola oil instead)
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 egg
3 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
Granulated sugar for coating
Hershey's kisses (I used about 38)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat peanut butter and shortening (or oil) in a large bowl with an electric mixer until well mixed. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat well. Add egg, milk, and vanilla; beat until fluffy. Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to peanut butter mixture, beating until blended. Shape into 1 inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 5-6 min. or until set. Immediately press Kisses into the center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheets to wire rack.  
 
  

1 comment:

Andrea said...

These were SO good. You putting the kisses in the middle before you cooked them made them keep their shape but melt as soon as you put them in your mouth. Yum!