Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Strawberry Margarita Pie


I was in the mood to make a pie, and I definitely don't have a lot of money to spend on ingredients so I went for this yummy sounding pie recipe I found off the pillsbury website. The picture they have makes the pie look a whole lot bigger, but in reality it's slightly smaller. I also added about 1 cup of crushed graham crackers to my crust to make it a little thicker. Pay attention to the fact that the whipping cream, whipped, is used IN the pie. I, having a dumb moment, thought it was just for a whipped topping and I skipped on buying it at the store. Then I realized, one: there is no whipped cream on the top of the pie in the picture, and two: that it actually goes IN the pie. Oh well, I used the small amount of Cool Whip I had in addition to a touch of milk. There were, consequently, a few little white dots from the Cool Whip, but it still tasted really refreshing and light! This is a perfect summer dessert. 

INGREDIENTS
Crust
1 1/4cups crushed pretzels
1/4cup sugar
1/2cup margarine or butter, melted
Filling
1(14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
1/2cup frozen concentrated margarita mix, thawed
1(10-oz.) pkg. frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed
1cup whipping cream, whipped

Directions:
In small bowl, combine all crust ingredients; mix well. Press firmly in bottom of ungreased 8 or 9-inch springform pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.

n large bowl, combine condensed milk and margarita mix; beat until smooth. Add strawberries; beat at low speed until well blended. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into crust-lined pan. Freeze at least 3 hours or until firm.

To serve, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Garnish as desired. Store in freezer.

No comments: