Sunday, February 1, 2009

Nutella Cupakes


This came from one of my favorite blogspots, Fresh From the Oven. Just so I get this out, I really feel guilty for using these pictures that aren't my own. I feel like I'm committing the unforgivable sin of plagiarism. I won't keep doing it, but I hate giving a recipe without a picture...it's no fun and gives no motivation or desire for you guys to make it. 

I made these cupcakes and they were very easy and delicious. I used the mini-muffin pans to make them smaller, but they are so pretty and swirly!

Ingredients:
10 tbsp. butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3 eggs, at room temperature
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 & 3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
Nutella, 12 tsp. (1 tsp. for each cupcake)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 min. Add in eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated. The batter won't look smooth. Add vanilla. Stir in flour, salt, and baking powder until batter is uniform and no flour remains. 
Fill each muffin liner with bater. They should be 3/4 full. Top each cake with 1 heaping tsp. of Nutella; swirl in with a toothpick, making sure to fold a bit of batter up over the Nutella. 
Bake for 20 min. and allow to cool on a wire rack. 

No comments: